Thursday, August 13, 2015

Eastbound Day 5: Louisville to Grand Rapids

I'm Home.

The last leg of the journey was a straight-shot without any stops, though I took a detour to drive by the sprawling Lake Michigan.

Upon arrival home, I feel to my knees reciting the closing line of Planet of the Apes (1968).
"I'm back. I'm home. All the time it was... we finally really did it! You Maniacs! You Blew it Up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!"
My roommate seemed unphased.

It looked around the see the things that I had changed since I left. The finished roof. The toilet and fridge my father helped replace in my absence as landlord. My roommates cleaned before I arrived, which was a wonderful surprise.

I had a great deal of mail to attend to and I am sitting here, making sense of all these various artifacts of adult life.
Oh! This one is a coupon.
Neat.

___

Bonus: My car during the road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment