Monday, August 10, 2015

Eastbound Day 2: Santa Fe to Denver

It added two hours to my drive, but driving through the mountains is hard to pass up. Beats highway driving anyday... except not in fuel efficiency. Sorry car... and wallet.

While driving through the San Isabel Forest in the Wet Mountains of Colorado, I saw what was probably one of the most naturally beautiful places I've ever seen. The pictures didn't do it justice, but someday, when me and my supermodel wife (or regular model, I'm not picky) go on our honeymoon, we will go to Lake Isabel. 
"Well find me in the alps, that's beautiful."
And a little past the lake is Bishop Castle, a monument built by a single man to spite the government. Because when the government tells you that you cant break, like, 29 building codes, nothing says "don't tread on me" like building an 160 ft. stone castle and a moat. Visiting the property, it is a sight to behold, but the structure itself is terrifying to climb as it doesn't abide by fascist safety codes. Signs around the property inform of us his freedom from liability of anyone gets hurt, as well as even more that warn us of the governments agenda to take our rights. Presumably rights to build hazardous, though really cool looking, castles.



The night ended with me meeting up with my friend David, whom I was staying with that night in Denver. One the three bars we went to, because party party, was named William and Graham. William and Graham was a prohibition-era speakeasy, so it means that when it is your turn to go inside you have to go through a FRIGGIN HIDDEN DOOR BEHIND A BOOKCASE! It was great, and I ordered a very fancy drink called "Here, there be dragons", and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment