Sunday, August 2, 2015

Camp Week 9: Moab and Canyonlands

I awoke Sunday morning in my hammock, between a fence post and what was most likely the only tree in Utah.

Not pictured: the post and tree that took an embarrassing amount of time to situate so they would support my weight.

After a fair bit of driving, we arrived late the night before and set up camp, not really aware of exactly where we were in Moab Canyon. When we woke up, the morning light revealed exactly how big the canyon was, and that we ended up camping maybe 10 feet away from the Colorado river. Go us.

We drove and hiked around Moab Canyon, Arches National Park, and Canyonlands, which provided for beautiful scenery and some pretty solid instances of vertigo. Utah looked... pretty much exactly what Wiley E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons would lead me to believe it looked like.

Pictured: What I probably looked like the entire trip.




Meep meep.
-Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment