Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Eastbound Day 4: Kansas City to Louisville


One of the first things I saw out while I was in Kentucky was to finally eat at a Chick-fil-a. Perhaps it was to spite my southern friends who would become deeply offended if you didn't think Chick-fil-a was the greatest chicken in the country, but I had never eaten there.
However, when I was in Detroit for my grandma's funeral, my cousin was working at Chick-fil-a at the time. Because she had taken the time off for the funeral, Chick-fil-a sent a beautiful and extravagant floral display with a hand-written card sending their condolences. I knew Chick-fil-a always had 'family values' in mind, but that was down-right wonderful of them, and wanted to give them patronage.
...and it was pretty good.

I digress.

I made it Louisville and stayed with two of my cousins and their spouses who lived together in a split house and worked for the neighboring church, who owned the property. It was wonderful to discuss the camp and their ministry in the city. We went to the park, played with their kids, and later that night we shared a growler of Santa Fe Brewing Happy Camper IPA and played a long game of 'Ticket to Ride'. We're crazy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment