Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Eastbound Day 3: Denver to Kansas City

Before leaving Denver, I was recommended a breakfast place to hit up on my way out called Snooze. I gotta say, when it came to recommendations this week, my buddy David was on point. Pictured here was my breakfast which was a zucchini pancake served with eggs, hashbrowns, and a cranberry mimosa. Not pictured here was the many wonderful faces I ate while eating this... because that would be weird.


After waddling out of the restaurant, I set out for a day of driving and was met with a very surprising number.


My first set of directions that popped up on my phone's GPS was to drive on I-70 for 584 miles, or until I was dead, whichever came first. In total, I would be driving 1088 miles on I-70 during my trip back home. We would become well acquainted. 

I've heard many people complain about the drive, but I had a car full of music, so I was content. The scenery wasn't that bad either. Open plains and I got to see a lot of the wind farms through Kansas, which I think look cool and other-worldly. 



I'm ending my day sitting here in this motel, watching Birdman and using their free Wi-Fi: my only requirement for lodging. Which is good, because there wasn't much else. I overshot Kansas City to get a head start on the drive tomorrow, and found this nice motel here in Bates City. The owner of the Bates City Motel seems nice enough. He said he was just filling in while Mother was away. She must be the original owner. Oh well, maybe I'll see both of them tomorrow morning when I head out.

Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment