Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Westbound Day 3: New Orleans to Houston



Disc Golf at 7am is a pretty decent way to start your day, for all that were wondering. Finishing out stay with Jon and Bridgette Mundiger called for playing a beautiful disc golf course Jon recommended near his military base. This was my first time playing more than one or two holes of disc golf, and I though I was throwing from the white tee-off [for beginners], I'm only went 11 over par for 20 holes.



Though there were some surprise finishing trips to retrieve discs, but it was a fun and surprising way to end our time in Mississippi [along with one round of the card game SpaceFluxx].

Casey and I passed by New Orleans on the way and picked up some lunch in the form of a full muffaletta sandwich. This may have been the single greatest decision we made this trip. The one sandwich fed the both of us, and was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. We passed by New Orleans again and saw Lake Pontchartrain in the daylight, which was a lot less scary than crossing it at night while listening to the corresponding song by Ludo.

Driving over bayous in Louisiana made me really want to take a fan-boat tour... and glad I didn't have to build the many miles of bridges it took to pass over it.

This is clearly taken by an alligator and not me.
We arrived in Houston and was greeted with a warm reception from my Aunt Renee and my cousins Ryan, Sean, and Dusti. It was lovely spending time with them and relaxing [except for Euchre. That's never relaxing. Still fun though].

Here's to family that will make any place feel like home.
-Patrick
_____________

Dear Jon and Bridgette,
Thank you so much for the hospitality, but we have very different ideas about what is "okay" and "funny".


No comments:

Post a Comment