Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Westbound Day 2: Memphis to New Orleans


After a really good sleep, Casey and I left for Mississippi [and yes, I did I spell that in my head as I typed].
The shorter drive helped the trip down seem less exhausting and we arrived with plenty of energy. We stayed with our friends Jon and Bridgette Mundinger, whom I had not seen for a long time. However, it didn't take long for all of us to catch up ... which was good, because we packed in a lot of fun into a short time. 


After an afternoon of firing off a lot of graciously provided rounds of ammo, eating some burgers, and watching some fifth element, we headed to New Orleans.

Bourbon Street
It's so amazingly pungent! 

The french quarter at night was full of live music, seafood gumbo, and surprisingly affordable beer... though I made sure to avoid the questionable puddles.
Jon and Bridgette accompanied us, and even drove both ways [which was a welcome change of pace].
We made it back to Mississississsisppi and slept up for an early morning of activity before we hit the road to Houston.

Here's to good friends at all corners of the country.
-Patrick

______________

Dear Mississippi,
Your gas stations are FANCY!




No comments:

Post a Comment