Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Blustery Day

In preparation for my upcoming position as a crisis counselor, I have been reading case studies and novels on suicide and major depression. Though not as emotionally demanding as the real thing, it still takes a lot to read through these for hours at a time. So this week, aside from watching the Grand Rapids Symphony play music from Fantasia [with clips from the two films being shown], I traveled to Grand Haven Pier... illegally.

This Thursday, the lakeshore was being hit with steady wind at 45mph with gusts at 60mph, making for some beautiful waves. This means that in order to get out to pier, I had to cross some police tape, but I had never seen Lake Michigan like this. 


Tom joined in, and was supposed to tell me when a wave was about to hit us while I was taking pictures.
He didn't do a very good job at it ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment