Sunday, July 12, 2015

Camp Week 6: DA BEARS! and the Zoo/Museum in Albu...q..u...e...something

   This week, due to an abundance of campers [a fantastic problem to have], I and another core staff ended up counseling this week. We were assigned bear cabin, and the campers were our cubs. At the end of the week, many of the children told me how much fun they had in our cabin. As they told stories about the songs, chants, and games we had in our cabin, I wondered if they also took to heart the bible lessons we taught as well...
   When I reflected on my own time as a camper at summer camp, there wasn't much I remember from my experience. The things I do remember are usually random and inconsequential: The story of my death in card game 'Mafia', which cabin bunk had all the "swears" carved in it, and a dance frequently used by one of my counselors. However, I also don't remember much about my English class, and I can speak and write ... ... good, so I hope my campers still get something from their week here besides a catchy chant we used to help us walk through rain...

...Bears don't care about rain - Nuh-uh!
Bears don't care about rain - Nuh-uh!
We got thick hides
We got dry eyes
I said bears don't care about rain
RAWR!...
Before the week started, some of the team went in to Albuquerque to visit the zoo and museum of natural history. While I normally just pick three or so pictures to use, I like ALL THE AMINALS!


See no evil, Speak no evil, and Hear no Tiny Tim

"If one more kids does the Afro-circus song..."

"Did you know that my coffee would be cold by the time it reached the bottom of my throat? You didn't know that did you? No. You only care about yourself..."

Helicopter parenting your child because it didn't turn out to be the little miss beauty pageant 2008 you thought she would be.

"Bird, I'm Fabulous!"

Diabetes: Now in different colour options!

"YA'LL WANT SOME FREEDOM?!"

"Dad, how come Mom said I couldn't have a Polar Bear?"
"Because your Mom smothers dreams, Sport."
"Oh, hi there! Welcome to my home! Maybe next time we can go to your house, and I can walk in unannounced while YOU'RE going to the bathroom!"

"You kids want to buy some drugs?!"

It's a good thing only the bones remain, because Todd, the Tyrannosaurus Rex, was ugly as a bag of gravy. 

... ...Now Kiss.


No comments:

Post a Comment