Monday, October 24, 2016

Urban Exploration: Romanced by Ruin


A structure can take years and the effort of many to erect.
When it is built, it is done so with the hopes of what it can help accomplish.
A school to house learning.
A hospital to care for the sick.
A theatre to bring joy, laughter, and thought.
However, through time, these buildings are abandoned.

That's where I walk.
Among relics of these hopes.
I do so out of respect and reverence of these monuments and the stories they tell.

I have been doing this since I was a teenager,
finding old building and remnants surrounding the woods and railroad tracks by my house.
Though my photography skills are still in the works,
I wanted to start to document these explorations,
and maybe even improve my skills along the way
[though for now, I will definitely be overusing my wide angle filter].

Make no mistake about it; This is a dangerous, stupid, and illegal activity.
But, you need one reckless thing in your life, and Meth is costly.

Lake Chippewa Amusement Park




Abandoned Military Base - Ohio











Abandoned Night Club - East Saint Louis





East Saint Louis Journal


Point of entry




Riverside Casting Plant - Benton Harbor, MI




City Methodist Chapel - Gary, IN



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment