Sunday, August 14, 2016

Part II: When in Romania...


I knew it would be difficult to leave Romania and the orphans at Casa Dorca, so I shouldn't have been so surprised when it happened.

Romania is a beautiful country, with the most hospitable people I have ever met. The children at the orphanage were adorable, and despite a language barrier, we were able to connect and spend quality time together.

An important factor to bridging the language barrier was to find universally understood nonverbals, such as:
- The fist-bump from Big Hero 6 [Balalalala]
- John Cena's 'you can't see me' gesture - A giant dinosaur costume
- Beatboxing
And what quickly became the kids favourite game...
- Being chased by a grown man acting like a gorilla ['Unde ya Gorila?'].

As well as painting, helping around, and supporting my friend Nate (who had already been there for 2 months) I hope my time in Romania was as beneficial to others as it was to me.





1 comment:

  1. OMG, I was totally kidding - you brought the dinosaur costume?

    ReplyDelete