Monday, October 26, 2015

Rosy Mound and Nordhouse Dunes

I couldn't tell you exactly why this week was as bad as it was. Situations hadn't changed that much; I am still without work, still "turtling" with my finances, and still unsure of when any of that will change. I am still exercising, still looking for jobs, and still finding the joy in my circumstances. However, just before this weekend, I became incredibly restless and anxious. I desperately searched for employment that had nothing to do with earning my social work license, I micro-analyzed my recent interactions, and began doubting the assurances granted to me.

However, grace came in the form of a trip to Rosy Mound to talk with two close friends, and spending last night in Nordhouse Dunes. This gave me the opportunity to test a sleeping bag in close to freezing temperatures. Both the bag and my friends warmed my heart when I needed it most... and both probably have sand that will take a long time to remove all of.




No comments:

Post a Comment